Monday, June 13, 2011

My Mothers Buttons

One of a Kind Jewelry
Made From Authentic Antique Buttons


Northwest native and artist Linda Wright is founder and creator of My Mothers Buttons.



Her story tells it all…..


“In the bottom of an old chest sat my Mother's careworn sewing basket. Inside was a wonderful box of buttons. Each button told a tale significant of its time. I have such fond memories as a child of my Mother teaching me to count using buttons and how they served as wonderful chocolate bits and nuts for my imaginary cookies.”

“When my Mother's buttons were passed down to me, they were too beautiful and cherished to keep hidden in a box. I chose to enjoy them through jewelry which is how "My Mothers Buttons" came to be. I now collect antique and vintage buttons from around the world, which date back as far as the early 1800's, to create one of a kind jewelry and accessories.”

You’ll find Linda’s beautiful button bookmark the perfect accompaniment to your copy of Winning the West For Women The Life Of Suffragist Emma Smith DeVoe. What could be more perfect – an antique button bookmark to hold your place as you read about one of the most influential women in the Western suffrage movement. On June 18th at the Book Signing Party and DeVoe Mansion Tour there will be a lovely selection of Linda’s work available.

No comments:

Post a Comment